Saturday, January 2, 2016

MAY

The month of May is typically crazy in most households.  With the end of the school year, a special kind of WHACK comes with being a Mama/School Teacher combination.  The Mama in me is shuttling Max to Spring football practice, attending numerous end-of-the-year concerts, beaming proudly through Honors celebrations at multiple schools, and making sure all summer plans are at least thought about.  The teacher in me is tying up my own loose ends with  my current class as I finish final grades, plan portfolio projects, schedule exit interviews, fill out end-of-year paperwork, prepare the classroom for summer, and help coordinate the 5th grade celebration/play extravaganza.  Then there's the constant, "Have you studied for your finals yet?" and the "What items do you need for that final project?" Then there's the, "You need 2 liters for your Strings party when?" and the "Here's your check-out note" and "Where is that missing library book?" and "I don't know if your football shorts are clean" and "Yes, I checked over your essay" and "Where is your bow tie for your concert tux?" and "Do you have to eat before or after that event?"  

It is THE PERFECT time to make some awesome memories as I document the year's achievements and watch my children perform/celebrate/receive awards for a hard year's work.

I mean, I GUESS it would be the perfect time to do that IF I EVER HAD MY CAMERA WHEN I NEEDED IT.

Which I, in that aforementioned craziness, DO NOT.

So, I have no photos of the Honors Days or the concerts and such...... BUT THEY HAPPENED.  And THEY WERE AWESOME.  

I am utterly proud of all my people.  And thankful that they are mine.

So, I DID get a picture on Mother's Day!  Cause Mother's Day is a happy.  


For the last 3 years, I've shared Mother's Day in my heart and mind with a woman that I will probably never meet.  I am especially mindful on this day.  I share a child with this woman and am so very thankful for her Mother's love for those first two months of Mary's life.  This picture makes me so very happy and so very sad all at the same time. 
It is perfect.


Being the Mother to these three humans is AWESOME.
It is fun and laughter-filled and delightful and happy and wonderful.


Because I failed to 1)have my camera in important moments and 2) would probably forget to actually USE it anyway, I stole some photos off Joe's phone from May.  In my "chicken with my head cut off status" every May, I remember nothing.  But, apparently, these things happened:


Jack continued to use his talents to lead in worship at church.



Mary had a gymnastics recital at Little Friends. 
This is her "Ta-Da!" pose!


Future little gymnasts ready to show their stuff.

Speaking of showing their stuff..... here's Max with gal-pal SaraMargaret and their cello teacher Dr. Witt..... they are both receiving top ratings from a music festival competition thing..... (not sure what that thing was officially called... See?  May brain = NO.)  BUT THEY DID GREAT!


Joodle started asking for piggie tails.


And continued to dress herself on Saturdays.


For Memorial Day, we headed to Dreamland BBQ after church on Sunday.  Mary ate her first rib!
But she didn't really want to touch it.... so, Mom held and she chomped down!


And we then headed off to Guntersville for the long weekend...... Here are Mudger and NN with all their people. 


And Mary Jewel got a new swimming pool for the farm.  The swimsuit was two sizes too small, but hey.... who cares when you're swimming at the farm!

So, May was fun..... and although I'm not an entirely wonderful person to be around during this busy time of year, I survived, as did my crew. 
And the BEST thing about May?  It ushers in SUMMER.

The Powells are GOOD at SUMMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment