Saturday, January 2, 2016

MARCH

March Memories:  ice, cupcakes, awards, pictures, and vomit

Let me explain......

The month began with a huge cold front that brought LOTS OF ICE.  We were out of school for a couple of days which gave the Powells a chance to catch up on some out-of-control household items.  Like laundry and stuff......


This one was supposed to be helping.  She not.


When the ice ended, we got THIS.  Joe and I had already planned to run the next Disney Half Marathon together and we decided that we could use this thing in our training.  So, when I spotted it at a consignment sale, I grabbed it.  We've used it once.  Mary kept yelling, "SLOW DOWN! YOU GONE KILL ME!" over and over..... This stroller will probably be showing up at the next consignment sale.  Somebody make me a good offer.





Look at my people all loving on each other.  

So, Mary got invited to a birthday party after school one evening in the gym at church.  Mom picked her up from school and the plan was to head straight to the church where Dad would take over (Dad does all the birthday parties cause he likes cake.  A lot.) Unfortunately, Mom realized once she'd pulled into the parking lot at church that she'd forgotten to bring Mary a clean set of clothes for the party.  No worries, Mom thought..... whatever she's wearing will be fine.  Only that day was the day that they'd PAINTED at school AND played HARD outside AND had spaghetti for lunch.  Little Girl was a MESS.  So, of course, being the PSYCHO that she is, Mom pulled OUT of that parking lot and headed to the nearest store.  She snatched up that Minnie Mouse dress, paid for it (which hurt, cause Mom NEVER pays full price for clothing), tore off the tags, pulled the dress onto the girl, and raced back to the party.  Dad, of course, was there and already eating cupcakes..... so Mary had to catch up!  Picture 1:  Let me take a taste.  Picture 2 at top:  Yum..... this is gooooood.  Picture 3 left bottom:  I'm going to lick all this icing off the top of the cupcake.  Picture 4 bottom right:  WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T HAVE ANOTHER ONE?

SPRING BREAK!!!!

The boys always enjoy a Youth Retreat the first weekend of Spring Break.  Any chance they have to get together and worship with their "squad" is a happy time!  On the last night of the retreat, families were invited to come and worship with the youth.  See my people up there on the front row?  Sitting beside each other and worshipping the Lord?  I love that.


Ha!  My Mama thinks that if she puts me in dresses covered with flowers that the cold weather will be over and Spring will come.  Silly Mama!



Mom spent A LOT of time hunkered down in her little room to work on National Boards renewal.  GREAT way to spend Spring Break..... but it was WAY better than what was to come.....

Joe had a business trip in Pennsylvania the week of Spring Break.  I think it was a Monday when he left.... and Monday night.... I GOT SICK.  Like REALLY sick.  This was the stomach virus to end all stomach viruses and with three kids at home with me, it was an extra measure of fun.  Thankfully, it only lasted a couple of days......

My Facebook post from this moment in time went something like this:  "Working on my National Boards renewal when EPIC stomach virus hits.  Joe goes out of town and takes my phone charge to PENNSYLVANIA so my phone is dead.  Had to get on an actual computer because FACEBOOK.... the only thing salvaging Spring Break for this girl is living vicariously through all your pictures and stuff.  So, a serious thank you to those who went somewhere this week..... I'm enjoying visiting Disney World, Key West, Chicago, various beaches, New York, Gatlinburg, Nashville, various state parks, Atlanta, Seattle, Colorado, Charlotte, miscellaneous grandparent homes, California, and other places I can't remember due to VIRUS FOG.  Me and this year's Spring Break ain't getting along too good, but I'm adding to my list of travel spots by the minute."

Yes.  It was awful.

Then, my Facebook post 5 days later.....

"Well.  Max has the stomach virus now.  Poor thing is SICK.  So, once this teacher -mama got her class settled (thank you, Leanna McWilliams OH MY GOSH), I jumped in the car to care for my Maxer.  And as soon as I pulled out of the school parking lot, I got a call from Little Friends, where I had just dropped off Mary an hour earlier.  I texted Joe, "Another man down!" With this one, though, sickness makes her a bit manic.  None of that laying around resting stuff for this gal.  She is currently wearing her "cleaning glasses" and helping me clean-air out the upstairs where it looked like a crime scene around midnight last night.  Good times."

It was awful again.



Mary in her "cleaning glasses."  
Ugh.


Once the virus went away, some happy things followed.....



So proud of the Jackster!  That smart little cookie got inducted into the Honor Society and earned some awards at his high school.  Good job, ole boy!


Happy Referralversary!  March 22, 2013... we see THIS FACE for the first time!


I took this picture at the end of March, but can't remember what it was.  Jack and Max are always in some concert or another at Moody Music Building......  Love hearing them play no matter what it is!



And Mary continued to pick out her own clothes every Saturday.
Stylin.




No comments:

Post a Comment