Thursday, August 8, 2013

A letter of apology.

Dear Rock Quarry Middle School People who Worked at Schedule Pickup,
   We had a great time picking up Max's schedule today.  My Mom kept saying how organized and smooth everything was and that she really appreciates things that are so streamlined.  Max was really excited, too, when he got in the car.  He kept talking about how fun it was and how middle school is going to be awesome.  I had a great time, too.... so I was surprised when Mom turned to me and told me that I should apologize.  What?  I thought things had gone so well!  What do you mean apologize?  What for?  Honestly, I couldn't think of ONE thing that I should apologize for.  So, Mom made a list.

#1.  I'm sorry I left a whole bunch of Gerber Blueberry-flavored Puffs all over your floor.
     I like these Puffs.  A lot.  And when we go places in public, I sometimes get a little overwhelmed, so it's nice to have a familiar, yummy snack to keep me happy.  But you see, there was this GREAT BIG gymnasium where the schedule pickup was happening, and Mom made the unfortunate choice NOT to bring in my stroller, so I had the chance to run around that great big gymnasium.  And when I run with my Puff container, sometimes I wave my hands around and some of the Puffs sorta fall out.  All over the place.  So, there might be a few in that gym.  And the hallway.  And the multi-purpose room.  And maybe the lunchroom.  But that's it.  Cause I didn't go anywhere else.  Sorry about that.

#2.  I'm sorry I put Rock Quarry Middle School Jaguar PawPrint stickers on stuff.
   In addition to Gerber blueberry-flavored Puffs, I also LOVE stickers.  And I really appreciate the fact that you had those round Jaguar Pawprint stickers out for me to play with.  My Mom was really happy that those stickers were keeping me busy while she wrote out a bunch of checks, but then she noticed that I'd figured out how to unpeel the backings off and that I was sticking them places.  But hey... at least I didn't stick them on that big screen TV you had in there.  Cause I REALLY wanted to do THAT, but Mom caught me just in time.  But there might be a whole bunch of those stickers stuck to other things in other places.  Sorry about that, too.

#3.  I'm sorry that I stole a bunch of your pens and put them in my bag.
   I thought they were free.  Mom said they were NOT.  Sorry.

#4:  To the lady standing in front of us in the Locker/Agenda line:  I'm sorry that I kept throwing my pink hippo at your head.
   I don't even really know why I'm apologizing for this.  I thought that was really fun.  And for heaven's sake, it's not like I was HURTING her or anything.  That hippo is totally soft.  She looked a little grumpy, but I think that's just how she is..... (Mom says she hopes that lady doesn't read the blog....)

#5.  I'm sorry I ripped up a FEW of those papers on the welcome table.
   I love to rip paper.  You all had a LOT of paper there today.  It was great.  I had a GREAT time ripping stuff up.  Again, Mom was super busy, but I totally didn't think she'd mind cause I do it all the time at home.  It was super fun.  Actually, I'm not even that sorry I did it.

#6.  I'm sorry I told you I wasn't sorry about ripping the paper.  I am sorry.
   (Good grief, Mom..... happy now?)

#7.  I'm sorry that I got into somebody else's school supplies and "reorganized" them.
   I like taking things in and out of bags and, well, that stuff was just SITTING there.  So I rearranged it a little.  It wasn't a big deal.  But if you're looking for a roll of paper towels or a pack of Expo markers, call me.  I might know where they are.

And, in full confession, there's a whole lotta other stuff I did there today that Mom doesn't even know about.  So, I'm sorry for all that, too.

I'm excited to grow up and come to your school some day.  I promise to be on my best behavior.

Sincerely,
Mary Powell
(who is usually kept under Mom's careful control.... except at schedule pickups)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my geez, by #4, I couldn't read anymore due to the tears. She was PERFECT. And, if I remember correctly, I gave her a piece of paper..... And I would have given money to see the hippo-throwing incident!

    ReplyDelete