Friday, July 5, 2013

Pictures for that last post.....

We.  Are.  Home!!!  Oh, my WORD.... after a loooooong day of travel (we got to live July 4th TWICE!).... we made it!  We had such a precious welcome home gathering of family and friends..... but you'll have to wait to hear about that..... cause I am BEHIND on this blog and I want to do things in order so, someday when I forget the details of this unbelievably miraculous trip, I can come here and read about it.  So..... again..... backing up.

Now, my last post was, I admit, written in my angst.  I was tired.  I was hot.  I was tired (did I already say that?).... I MIGHT have been a bit whiny and complained a bit (but the hairdryer really WAS drilled into the desk drawer where there is no mirror..... who does that?)  Anyway.... because my phone was at HongKong Disney (which will be a whole other post!), I couldn't load pictures.  So.... this is a picture post to support the last picture-less post.  Does that make sense?  Cause I feel like jet lag is already setting in and I might be a bit of a mess for a few days..... Hang in there with me......

Beautiful spiral staircase in the lobby of our hotel.  Beautiful children, too.

The Garden Hotel.  Guangzhou, China.  Swanky digs.

]
Tutti Fruiti wore here red, white, and blue dress for her Consulate Appointment today!  She's offering you some of the waffle that she carried around since breakfast.  This picture was about three hours later.  She finished it before lunch.

Shamian Island.  Lovely.... and VERY nice after the craziness of the city.

Gorgeous buildings, brick streets...... and peace and quiet.

My people. 

The island is known for its statues.  I LOVE them all.  I now REALLY want statues in my back yard.  We even found one with fiddlers for our violinist!

Love this one...... cute.

This one is a tradition.  Most folks have their newly adopted child stand in the gap at the back of the line.  But these newly adoptive parents know WAY better than to get a somewhat cranky little person out of her ride if she's happy.  Don't rock the boat..... not even for a picture.

Cute little children... and do you see that bag Jack is carrying over on the side?  It's full of treasures.  I did the shopping...... got little gifts for Mary (16 to be exact).... to give her every year on her Gotcha Day until she's 18.  Some of these little gifts include a Chinese fan, tea set, silk purse, panda bangle bracelet, embroidered mirror case, panda nesting doll, province doll, jade bracelet, etc.  Other purchases include silk placemats, chopsticks, a Chinese/English Bible, squeaky shoes, silk dresses, and a couple of jade pieces that the boys picked out.  Everything is VERY reasonable (shoes are $6!! and chopsticks are $2 a set!) AND you get to BARGAIN. Oh.  What fun!

More statues from the island.....

This one is my FAVORITE!  I want it.

Lucy's.  American dining on Shamian Island.  Yummo.

More island....

Boys were overjoyed to see THIS on the menu.

Statue depicting American couple with newly adopted baby....

First set of shoes we tried on.  We like.  Took our first steps just moments after putting them on!

The garden in the back of The Garden.  Lovely waterfall.

Little bridge in the garden......

Pretty.

The rest of this day included a terrible meltdown from the little one..... no pictures of that.
Spent the rest of that day napping and trying on our new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment