Friday, May 31, 2013

Mary update: FINALLY!

In the waiting room of adoption world, the ONE thing that keeps you sane once you've seen your child's face is seeing your child's face AGAIN.  Updates are, as I told my social worker, "a balm to my heart and my eyeballs."  I SO desperately needed to see Mary's face again...... the last pictures we had of her were with the original referral and were taken back in November!  Some orphanages are GREAT about sending updates.... pictures, video, descriptions, etc.  Well, not ours.  We've been yearning to see that little smile again..... YEARNING..... so imagine my THRILL when I checked my texts this afternoon and saw one from Joe with these pictures: (which I have no idea how to turn so they're right side up.....just tilt your head for the cuteness!)




My heart is full.  I have stared at these pictures ALL afternoon..... had a to-do list a MILE long and didn't get one thing done.  I have studied every inch of her..... and here's what I'm thinking:

1.  She looks happy.  This was the one thing that worried me a tiny bit about receiving an update:  what if she's sad in the picture?  It would totally break my heart.  So I was relieved that she still looks like she's got a great sense of humor.  Cause joy is important in our house.

2.  I will not be learning how to do piggie tails any time soon.  They shaved my baby's head.  I might have to have a word with them about this.  Do they not realize the number of HAIR BOWS that I have already collected?  I mean, I've already packed the Strawberry Shortcake hairbrush and the tiniest little elastics you've EVER seen.  Guess I'll be taking those out of the suitcase.  Dadgum it.

3.  She's brilliant.  Don't you just see it in her eyes?  I absolutely cannot WAIT to read books with her and work on colors and letters and stuff.  Gonna be a fun year of two-year old homeschooling!

4.  The shoes.  The kid next to her got cute red shoes and frilly white socks.  We gotta get that babe some cute shoes.

5.  We're going to have a wonderful time together.  By the time her hair grows out ($^$#@#$#$^!!!), we'll be settled into our new normal as a family.  We're gonna laugh and read and go to Disney and sing and play.

6.  We are blessed.  The Lord has led us to this precious little girl who waits on the other side of the world and we are beyond thankful to welcome her into our family.  I am giddy to see what He's got for us down the road.... for the boys, for Mary, for our family.  I.  Can't.  Wait.

4 comments:

  1. 7.) She has the cutest dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those dimples...they melt me! Hope we travel together so I see this precious babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hannah came to us with her head shaved, too. It was shorter than Daddy's and all of her brothers'! But it grows. We do plenty of bows now, and I've actually cut it a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete