Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'll think about that tomorrow.

Much is happening.  MUCH.

First of all, Jack finished up his finals today and waved goodbye to RQMS as we pulled out of the parking lot.  He's finished at Rock Quarry.  He has been walking those halls from Kindergarten through 8th grade and is now moving on to high school.  If I REALLY stop and think about it, I get a little sick at my stomach, so I'll think about that tomorrow.

Yesterday, Max had 5th grade graduation.  He has finished up his elementary years and will be moving over to the middle school side of the building.  The graduation video showed some pictures of him in Kindergarten and I got a little misty-eyed seeing that little feller from the past.  He is precious and has learned so much.  He won't be walking down the halls of RQ elementary next year either...... growing up and moving on..... sigh..... I'll think about that tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for this year.  There are boxes filling up in my classroom and paperwork about Family Medical Leave sitting on my table.  It's starting to dawn on me that I'm not just packing up for the summer...... I'm packing up for a YEAR.  Someone else will teach in that room next year.  Someone else will hang reading and math anchor charts and gather kids on that carpet for a read aloud.  Someone else will recommend books from my classroom library and hang art on those walls. And I will be adjusting to a new normal. I'll be figuring out carpool and how to do a little girl's hair.  My head literally starts spinning when I think about THAT stuff, so I'm going to just think about that tomorrow.

In the past week, I've had TWO surprise baby showers!  My precious ladies Bible study at church AND my sweet fourth graders and parents surprised me with LOTS of pink!  We now have outfits and toys and books and a carseat and blankets and HAIRBOWS.  Oh, dear gussy..... in just a few weeks, I'm going to have a DAUGHTER.  Because I do NOT have time to have a complete come-apart.... and because this makes me want to cry EVERY time I think about it, I'm gonna have to think about that tomorrow.

This morning, we woke up to an email from the US Consulate in China.  Our FINAL piece of paper is in place...... this paper, called our ARTICLE 5, was picked up by our agency's in-country rep yesterday and has been sent, along with everything else we've spent the last year paperchasing to get in place, back to the CCCWA.  Once they're satisfied that everything is in proper order, they'll issue our TRAVEL APPROVAL!  Then, we get ON A PLANE TO GET OUR GIRL!  I get very sweaty when I start thinking about everything that's involved in traveling to the other side of the world to adopt a sweet 18 month old baby girl.  There's a lot to do..... and not a lotta time to do it.  And while I am THRILLED and SO VERY READY to go get our Mary, I must confess that I'm a bit nervous and scared every time I think about it.  So, I'm gonna think about that tomorrow.

So, here I sit, with NOTHING to think about today....... except how unbelievably BLESSED we are here in the Powell house.  In the midst of a whirlwind of change in our lives, I am sure of this:  WE  ARE BLESSED.

And even if the oven stops heating up (which is has) or the downstairs air conditioner stops running (which it has) or the to-do lists keep growing (which they have) or the price of airline tickets to China keeps climbing (which they are)..... I am at peace knowing how blessed we are.

And all that other stuff?  I'll just think about that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment