Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Jack.

Today, June 16, my Jack turns thirteen years old.  That's a lot of years.....THIRTEEN.  I tend to get all sappy on these days and start thinking back and remembering things.....funny things they've said, places we've been, special events and holidays.  The boys went out to breakfast this morning and came home to find me buried deep within my closet going through old pictures. I started thinking back to how hard it was to take pictures of Jack because he never would look directly at you.  I laughed at the picture of him in his Cat in the Hat costume and how he wore it EVERYWHERE.  I cried when I found the picture of his baptism.  I smiled back at the boy listening intently at the National Book Festival and hugging characters at Disney World, working at the school store, and playing the violin.

 It's barely 10:00 in the morning and I've already told Jack like a hundred stories of things that he's said or done in his thirteen years.  And I must say, they've been the most marvelous thirteen years of my existence.  We have had such fun.  Just so you all can experience the absolute preciousness that I get to live with everyday as Jack's mom, I've found a few photos to share...... Here's Jack:  Through the Years......

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve

I'm in awe of this young man.  He is patient, kind, talented, smart, funny, happy, content...... He's learning what it means to serve the Lord and use his talents in worship...... He enjoys reading a great book...... He helps me when I don't know how to do things with technology...... He's the best big brother on the planet.......

Now if I can just get him to write down his homework and pick up his shoes, we'll be all set.

Here is my all-time FAVORITE video of the Jack:  We call it "How to be a Man".....
Also starring:  Dad and Max

I love you, Jack Powell.  
I am SO blessed to be your Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment