Friday, October 26, 2012

Powells, take one step forward.

Today we got word that we were LID (log-in-date) on October 22!  When I talked with our social worker on the phone (again, this woman's patience knows no bounds.....), she said,

"We are now actively pursuing a child for your family."

Did you hear that?  Should I type it in all caps so it's more clear?
"WE ARE NOW ACTIVELY PURSUING A CHILD FOR YOUR FAMILY."

I like that.  I like that VERY much.

This part of the process seems to take a while, and CLEARLY, I'm not good at things taking a while.  This last round of WAITING took 7 weeks and I didn't do so good.  SEVEN WEEKS.

This next part can take 3-6 months.  THREE TO SIX MONTHS.

I will not email our social worker every day.  I will not email our social worker every day.  I will not email our social worker every day.

I will not.

I probably will not.

I might.

But I will enjoy knowing that the next time something REALLY good happens in this journey, it will have a face to go along with it.

I like that, too.  I like that VERY much.




No comments:

Post a Comment